How did toppers of SBI PO Exams 2017 prepare for the exam? Read on to know
National level competitive exams are always under the media rudder. There are no points for guessing that only the hard working candidates, with a sharp intellect, manage to crack these examinations. So, once the results are published, television and newspaper reports queue up outside the homes of the toppers. One common question that these candidates have to face is “how did you prepare for the examination” or “what is the secret behind your success?” Most often than not, they get clichéd answers. Still, of SBI PO Exam aspirants make it a point to note down what their successful predecessors have to say. (more about SBI PO Exam)
There is no set formula or steps, which will produce same results for everyone. One must never forget that the intellect level and capability of each candidate is different. If it takes someone two hours to master any mathematical formula, it does not mean you need to invest the same time in it as well. You may take more than two hours or even lesser. From 2016 onwards, a high percentage of SBI PO aspirants are showing an inclination towards online coaching modules. Apart from this, they also swear by these scientific hacks, which assisted them in securing the top ranks.
- Synchronize coaching and home study time – It is better to beat the iron when it is still hot. That will ensure maximum penetration of the topic in your brain. Whether you opt for standard classroom coaching centers or online self-help course, you need to go through the topic that you just learned. The toppers suggested that it is better to go through the chapter before it is taken up in the coaching session. Once you are accustomed to the terms, it will become easier to grasp the concept. It will also assist in highlighting the parts where you have issues.
- Short sessions produce maximum results – 90% of the successful candidates will say that it is best to take up small portions at one time. Smaller goals are realistic as well easy to understand. There is no point in taking up too many topics at the same time. It will never yield positive results. As candidates have to tackle a vast syllabus for competition in the SBI PO Exams, they need to make the most of their time. If you decide to study for two hours, make sure that those two hours are spent constructively.
- Choose smart work over hard work – There are hard workers, and then there are those who prefer to be smart workers. Studies suggest that the smart workers tend to succeed more in these competitive examinations. SBI will not judge your competence on how many hours you put in for training. They will pick only those who answer the most questions correctly.
- Follow 4R pattern – During the interviews, most toppers say that the 4R pattern works for all candidates. These consist of “read,” “recall,” “reflect” and “revise.” These are the four pillars of your success in the SBI PO exams. One cannot get a good grasp on the topic without reading it. That must be followed by recalling the facts and figures. Then it is time to reflect on the concepts. It is best to come up with ideas, which help you to memorize the chapter better. Lastly, never forget to revise the old topics at specific intervals. It will keep everything fresh in your mind.
- Do not take unnecessary pressure – Taking pressure will not do any good for you. It will only aggravate depression and stress. These will hurt your mental and physical wellbeing. The last thing that any candidate wants is to take to the bed due to ill health.